Monday, September 1, 2008

A Harvester's Wish List


That time of the month has rolled around again. It’s the first. Rent’s due, and surprise, surprise – I haven’t got it. Again. I’m taking steps to raise it, but at best it’s going to be another week or two…

Which, oddly enough, reminds me of being a kid a couple weeks in front of Christmas, when my entire material soul was wrapped up with just one project. My letter to Santa with “this year’s” most heart-felt wishes…

So, it’s not December, but in memory of that younger me, here’s my most current list of heart-felt wishes. If you’re able & willing, please…

* Work: A job. I’m not picky. Just about any job (or jobs) full or part time will do. Office, clerical, administrative, photographic, transportation, general labor, cleaning kennels – with only one or two exceptions (telemarketing/sales & working McDonald’s fryer) it doesn’t matter what type of work it is. I just want to get back to feeling like a productive member of society again. You know, somebody who can actually pay his own rent, utilities, buy food & gas – a real person worthy of respect & courtesy;

* Rent: I am once again very much in danger of losing my home of 24+ years. My rent is $525/month, and I just don’t have it. I’m hoping I can raise at least part by selling of certain items, but if you have it in your heart & your checkbook to help me raise it, then please… It may take me a while, but I will pay you back;

* Tender: I mentioned in an earlier post that I am now a Food Stamp recipient. Hunger isn’t the issue it was two short weeks ago, but Food Stamps won’t pay for any non-food items I routinely pick up at the grocery. Things like Toilet Paper, Soap, Antacids, etc. For these and other like items I need to pay cash. My Aluminum Harvest helps, but not enough. So this ‘Wish’ is for Legal Tender in the form of gift cards that may be redeemed for those little necessities Food Stamps won’t buy;

* Time: A commodity many of us find in short supply. In my case I need time in the form of minutes on my cell phone. I have a T-Mobile Pre-Paid phone which needs refilling as minutes are used. T-Mobile sells minutes for their phones in $10, $25, & $50 blocks of 30 minutes, 130 minutes & 500 minutes respectively. Phone cards are available nearly anywhere, or you can buy minutes on-line directly from T-Mobile that will be immediately downloaded to my phone. Here's the link: https://tmobile.ecustomersupport.com/tMobile/gifting.aspx
** 9/5/08 A Great Big Sloppy Aluminum Harvest Thank You to my buddy Cory for gifting me with some minutes on my cell phone a couple days back. While I got the minutes on the 2nd, I just learned who my benefactor was...

* Miscellaneous Items: Eight “D” cell batteries; Mini-Mag Lite that uses AA batteries; Supply of Bic lighters/box of matches;

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at hal.eskew@gmail.com if you can fulfill any of these wishes…

No comments: